Category 6 cable, commonly referred to as Cat-6, is a cable standard for Gigabit Ethernet and other network protocols that are backward compatible with the Category 5/5e and Category 3 cable standards.
Compared with Cat-5 and Cat-5e, Cat-6 features more stringent specifications for crosstalk and system noise. The cable standard provides performance of up to 250 MHz and is suitable for 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX (Fast Ethernet), 1000BASE-T / 1000BASE-TX (Gigabit Ethernet) and 10GBASE-T (10-Gigabit Ethernet).
To maintain transmission characteristics and network integrity, it's essential to use the correct type of patch-cord to match the installation. A network port will perform only at the level of the LOWEST-rated component in the chain.
- UTP CAT6 Patch Lead - Each cord has eight multi-strand conductors in 4 twisted-pair T568A color coded configuration.
- Quality cable material - Fitted with 50µ Category-6 compliant 2-row (staggered pins) plug and fully-molded strain-relief boot.
- Molded strain relief & Low profile flush moulded boots - With molded strain relief RJ45 male-to-male connectors this cable will be strong, and robust.
- Packaged in heat-sealed hang-sell bags.
Complies with the applicable electrical transmission characteristics and flame tests specified in:
- ISO/IEC 11801 Category 6
- TIA/EIA-568-B.2-1 Category 6
Material Bare Copper
Thickness Minimum at any point: 0.18mm
Maximum average: 0.20mm
Thickness Minimum at any point: 0.50mm
Maximum average: 0.58mm
Category 6 Cable Standard:
- Category 6 is a standard that aims to support transmission at frequencies up to 250 MHz over 100Ω twisted pair.
- Supports current Category 6 applications such as 100BaseTX,100BaseVG, ATM, Gigabit Ethernet and all fast Ethernet protocols.
How to distinguish a Cat 6 plug from a Cat-5 or Cat-5E plug:
To distinguish a Cat-6 plug from a Cat-5 or a Cat-5E plug, just simply look at the way the cable's wires have been terminated at the end of the plug:
- A Cat-5 or a Cat-5E plug will ALWAYS have all eight wires in a single row
- The majority of Cat-6 plugs will have wires in two rows with four wires per row
- Some Cat-6 plugs will have wires in two rows with 6 wires in the top row and 2 wires in the bottom row
This item comes with 12 month Warranty
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other 247deals users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.